There’s no need to put up with the aches and pains of pregnancy. Let BaiMed Bumps get you moving and help you maintain optimum physical health.
Make an appointment
What we treat
At BaiMed Bumps we strongly believe in the power of movement and maintaining optimum physical health through all stages of pregnancy and during your post-natal period. Here’s what we can help you with:
- Physical assessment of any pre and post-natal musculoskeletal conditions.
- Specialist pelvic floor services for stress urinary incontinence, bladder prolapse and an overactive bladder.
- Hands on physiotherapy, supportive garments and exercise prescription where required.
- Advice on how to stay safe when exercising during pregnancy.
- Strategies for managing pain in child birth (including acupuncture if appropriate).
- Education about the changes that occur to your muscles and ligaments.
Make an appointment
Meet the Team
Women’s Health Physiotherapist
Name: Kate Basu
Position: Physiotherapist (with Special Interest in Women’s Health and Continence)
Location: Wollongong and Woonona
Qualifications: BAppSc (Physiotherapy) with Distinction
Professional Achievements and Accreditations:
- Advanced training in bladder and bowel, prolapse, pelvic pain, pessary fitting, pregnancy and post-natal physiotherapy.
- Strong professional relationship with many of the local GPs and specialists working in gynaecology, obstetrics, urology and colo-rectal.
- Involved in the Illawarra Pelvic Pain Network and has presented to GP networks on the role of physiotherapy in the management of chronic sexual and pelvic pain.
- Experience in both hospital and private practice within Australia and the UK.
Kate joined the BaiMed team in 2013 and has worked exclusively in the area of Women’s Health for the past four years. Through extended consultation times, she aims to provide detailed assessment and management options for women suffering pelvic floor dysfunction.
When not at work, Kate is a busy mother of two. She loves the coastal lifestyle and has recently taken up open water swimming, completing a 5km swim in Balmoral last year. She also enjoys tennis, bike riding with the kids, walking along the beautiful local beaches, travelling and relaxing with friends.
Name: Samantha (aka Sam) Craddock
Position: Physiotherapist / (Former) PE Teacher
Qualifications: Bachelor of Physiotherapy (2016), Bachelor of Physical and Health Education (2008)
Sam has a special interest in pre- and post-natal exercise. Formerly a PE Teacher, she made a career jump to Physiotherapy and hopes to continue down the pathway to become a Paediatric Physiotherapist.
Mum of an energetic (to put it nicely) nearly two-year-old boy, Sam loves keeping busy and spends as much time as she can outdoors.
Physiotherapist & Acupuncturist
Name: Louise Turner
Position: Physiotherapist / Acupuncturist / Masters Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Qualifications: BA App Sci (Phty) – Sydney University 2003, PG Cert Acupuncture – University of Otago 2009, Master of Health Practice Hons (Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy) – Auckland University of Technology 2012
Louise brings a vast amount of knowledge and experience to BaiMed. She has a Masters in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy, and is equipped with advanced assessment and treatment skills as well as the ability to do all levels of spinal manipulation.
Her holistic approach combines the principles of physiotherapy, osteopathy and acupuncture, and she tailors her treatment to the individual with some fantastic results, especially treating headache, migraine and neck pain. She also has special skills in pregnancy and preparing for childbirth.
Ten years spent overseas gave Lou experience in everything from clinics and hospitals in London to running British Military rehab programs in Northern Ireland and working in private practice in NZ where she was Physiotherapist for Wairarapa Bush Heartland Rugby team.
Outside of work, Lou loves spending time with family, good Vietnamese food, travelling and spending time outdoors, so moving to Wollongong with her husband and son was the perfect combination.
Get in touch with BaiMed using the contact form below or call to make an appointment at one of our five handy locations.
Choose from one of our five locations: